Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hitting Hard



This week I furthered my take-over of world media and made my first attempt at TV Journalism.  Monday I started "work experience," as the Aussies call it, at Channel Ten.  I went out with a reporter and cameraman to do a story on a 100-year-old tree that was being cut down - not exactly hard-hitting news, but it ended up being a cute community-based story.  The reporter had me do my own point-to-camera shot, where you speak directly to the audience, so when we got back to the studio I was able to put my own voice-over on the piece and produce my first television news story.   I also got to sit in on the filming of the news, and learned to use the teleprompter  and other software used to produce the news.

Today I worked with the producers of Totally Wild (http://ten.com.au/totally-wild.htm), a popular Australian kid's show, and got to write two segments that will be aired next week.  The producer already has me coming in for an extra day, so I'm hoping things will continue to go well, since so far I like TV a lot more than I thought I would.

All in all, not a very exciting week as far as Australian Adventures, but potentially exciting as far as career advancement.

No comments:

Post a Comment