Friday, September 3, 2010

Career Moves



I know this is a blog about a trip to Australia, not a blog about my career, but this week that topic has  dominated.  I finished my work experience (ie, internship) at Channel Ten today,  again writing for Totally Wild.  And the stars aligned.  The show's staff has recently undergone some restructuring and the producer was happy with the scripts I'd written (and to boot, he LOVES Boston, rightly enough).   Add it all together and here you have Australia's newest freelance TV script writer!   It would be a tad inappropriate to jump up and down and hug the boss when he asked me to come in for four paid days next week, and luckily I have good self-control, because  that's exactly what I felt like doing.  Being paid to write is literally a dream come true.

Before I go out and celebrate, here the link to the news story I produced earlier in the week.  Definitely a very neat thing, but I think script-writing has momentarily stolen my affection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGS_LsN9qa8

No comments:

Post a Comment