Monday, December 6, 2010

A Sunday Drive


Although it's officially the Australian summer, all we've seen for the past week is rain.   By Sunday afternoon I was going stir-crazy, so to get out of the house, I decided to have a driving lesson.  My "lessons" thus far have consisted of about ten minutes of driving the manual before Mark got too car sick to continue.  Yesterday, though, it finally clicked, and I was able to drive around the industrial park like a pro.

After driving for a while, I pulled in to a cemetery to turn around.  As soon as I pulled in, I saw these two having their Sunday dinner.  My first wild Kangaroo sighting!  They looked right at us, but then just carried on, grooming each other and grazing.  We even got to see them hop around a bit.  Australia may not have squirrels, but it's much more fun to dodge Kangaroos during driving lessons anyway.

The icing on my rainy-day cake was that later that evening I drove (on public roads, with traffic) all the way to Mark's Dad's house, keeping on the right (ie, wrong) side of the road, making wide right turns, and working the clutch like a pro!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could see sights like that just driving around, unfortunately the only thing I could see wild like that in Florida are the Gators... I think I will pass on that! Awesome pics!

    ReplyDelete