Monday, November 28, 2011

Australia Post


By now, I've blogged about many of the small differences between Australia and the USA.  But one difference that has managed to escape me so far is the Australian Post.  Like the US, they can get your letter just about anywhere, quickly and inexpensively.  But how they do it is different - instead of hoping in the mail van or setting off on foot like mailmen in the US, the Australian postmen set out on their scooters to deliver the mail.  That's right - scooters!  Rain, shine, or magpies, the postmen zip along the footpaths (sidewalks) delivering mail into everyone's mailbox.  You can imagine my shock the first time I saw that high-visabilty, sun-safe scooter whipping along the walkway!

1 comment:

  1. My mom and I saw a Fed-Ex guy on a scooter and were amazed!!! Couldn't catch a pic tho :/

    ReplyDelete