Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Resolution Run


Sunday morning I ran my first 5k of 2011, the "Resolution Run."  The course was along the river walk only about ten minutes from our house, so I thought it would be the perfect way to jump into the running scene for the new year.  Last time I did a 5k I followed a training plan, which I certainly wasn't doing through December, but I figured that doing this right off the bat would give me a good benchmark to compare to.
 
Sunday morning I awoke up to pouring rain.  I had mentally prepared myself for drizzle, but it was raining buckets, even as we drove to the beginning of the course.  For some reason though, the rain was on our side.  It stopped (or, nearly stopped) just before the race began, and about five minutes after I crossed the finish line the skies opened up again.  It poured for the rest of the day, but the one hour that counted was clear - perfect timing, Queensland clouds.

Overall, I was quite happy with the race.  I'm definitely not someone who loves running,  but I think I can trick myself into thinking I at least like running by doing races.  It's great motivation, and the race itself such a fun environment, full of positive, motivated people... an environment I'll definitely be spending some time in this year. 
About to Cross the Finish Line

The Resolution Runners

No comments:

Post a Comment