Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Lake McKenzie


Anyone who knows me knows I love lakes - one in particular.   However, I think on Fraser Island I found a lake that could rival my love for Winnipesaukee.

Lake McKenzie is located about an hour's drive inland from the coast on Fraser Island. The lake is unique because it has no springs feeding it, or steams running in. Instead, it's filled entirely with rain water. The sand and "organic matter" on the bottom of the lake form a seal, which keeps all the rain in the lake. When you combine crystal clear water with the white sand that makes up Fraser, the result is stunning. Even with clouds in the background you can get a feel for how beautiful this lake is.

In fact, all the rain this spring probably has the lake looking its best.  It was certainly well-worth the four-wheel drive through the jungle to get there!
Lake McKenzie
Enjoying a Swim

No comments:

Post a Comment