Saturday, August 21, 2010

Life Down Under


First thing's first.  Despite my doubts, I managed to survive the trek to Australia.  Because Mark did the same trip a few weeks before, I knew that if I chose a seat in the very back of the plane there is more room between the seat and the wall.  On a fourteen-hour flight, every inch was going to count.  What I didn't know was that the travel Gods would smile on me by leaving the seat next to me open.  With two seats and the miracle of melatonin, I managed to sleep nine of the fourteen hours across the Pacific. 


When I arrived, minus one bag (which made it here this morning) I decided to hit the ground running and do the most Australian thing I could think of  - cuddle a Koala bear.  Even though it was grey and rainy, getting up close and personal with a platypus, kangaroos, emus, and a dingo (no dad, they do not eat babies), was beyond thrilling.    More pictures and video are on facebook.
Kangaroo... Or a Wallaby.  Either way, check out his Toes.
Platypus!  The video does him more justice.
Mama and Baby, who refused to show her face.
Second most deadly snake around.  Joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment