Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Jet Lag


A warning to all potential visitors (and I know you've all already begun booking your trips):  Make the vacation a long one, because a trip to the land down under is going to send you for a serious loop.  Granted, this is coming from the girl who slept for nearly 24 hours after a flight to London, but I don't think I'm overreacting this time.

I've spent more time sleeping in Australia than awake.  Staying up past eight or sleeping later than seven-thirty have been almost impossible.  However, it is getting better... last night I was in bed, but not sleep, at 8, and this morning after waking at 6 a.m. I managed to squeek out another three hours of sleep.  Soon, I may actually be awake (and even alert?) for twelve hours a day.

Being transported across the world sends you back to an infantile neediness where you sleep and eat when you want, regardless of what everyone around you is doing.  Even though I slept nine hours on the plane, there is no escaping the groggy, fussy, exhausted state that is jet lag.

No comments:

Post a Comment